Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Food Food Food


I thought I had a much better week than I did as far as weight loss goes. I lost 1/2lb, which I am glad it was a loss, but I was so good this past week. We went to 2 bbq's and I brought turkey burger to cook, didn't have a bun and was really selective about my side dishes. Needless to say I was disappointed when I got on the scale. Now that its May my goal of losing 25 lbs seems much more daunting.

We went a little crazy with our basket order this week and ordered several extras.

Saturday Night- we used the Mexican pack and made tomatillo salsa and cafe rio dressing. I made cilantro lime rice and had chicken burritos. All I can say is yum! They were so good!
http://twopeasandtheirpod.com/cilantro-lime-rice/

Sunday -We went to my moms and had a bbq (indoors due to rain...) I brought a fruit plate and used the pineapple and the cantaloupe.

Monday- We used the rest of the Mexican pack and did quesadillas, or burritos or taco salads -

Tuesday - I bought the herb pack and couldn't believe how many fresh herbs we got. I made Jacob Lake's herb mayo chicken sandwiches and served them with green beans and roasted red potato's.

Wednesday - Bobby Flays green Chile burgers, Jicama slaw and red potato smashers.

Thursday - babysitter so probably Mac n' cheese for the kids

Friday - Grilled Chicken salad with Jicama, cucumbers and other veggies







I dried most of the herbs in my food dehydrator. We got garlic, chives, dill, basil, thyme, sage, oregano, tarragon and parsley. We use herbs quite a bit in our cooking so that was a fun splurge!








3 comments:

Unknown said...

Can Icome eat dinner at your house everynight???

Veronica Tyler said...

You bet!

The DeMille Digest said...

Don't get discouraged! Just keep doing your best. Even if you don't meet your goal weight by your goal date you should just keep thinking that the best goal is about long-term health and it sounds like you are really trying to do that!